Earlier this week, Apple launched updates for iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS—however nothing for macOS. Often, Cupertino updates all its working techniques without delay, however we’re in an odd place proper now with new annual releases of the previous three making their technique to customers’ units whereas macOS Large Sur nonetheless sits an indeterminate quantity of days away.
Nonetheless, Apple nonetheless adopted up right now with an replace for macOS Catalina labeled 10.15.7. It is seemingly the final replace to Catalina earlier than Large Sur is launched. The corporate additionally launched new variations of Remaining Lower Professional X and iMovie for the Mac.
The Catalina replace is a modest one which fixes three bugs: a graphics-related downside on new iMacs with Radeon Professional 5700 XT graphics playing cards, a bug that prevented computerized connection to WiFi networks, and an iCloud Drive syncing problem.
Need it straight from the supply? Listed below are Apple’s launch notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.7:
macOS Catalina 10.15.7 gives necessary safety updates and bug fixes on your Mac.
- Resolves a difficulty the place macOS wouldn’t routinely connect with Wi-Fi networks
- Fixes a difficulty that would stop recordsdata syncing by means of iCloud Drive
- Addresses a graphic problem which will happen on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) with Radeon Professional 5700 XT
Some options will not be out there for all areas, or on all Apple units. For detailed details about the safety content material of this replace, please go to: https://help.apple.com/kb/HT201222
The updates to Remaining Lower Professional X and iMovie are additionally about fixing bugs. Listed below are the Remaining Lower notes:
- Fixes a difficulty by which XAVC media from the Sony PXW-FX9 digital camera just isn’t acknowledged
- Fixes a difficulty the place brightness ranges shift when switching between Higher High quality and Higher Efficiency within the viewer
- Fixes a difficulty by which impact keyframes usually are not added appropriately when utilizing onscreen controls
- Improves stability when utilizing the rework device with a number of clips within the timeline
- Improves reliability when exporting an FCPXML that incorporates Compound clips
- Addresses a difficulty which may stop sharing at sure resolutions
- Fixes a difficulty by which sharing a Compound or Multicam clip from the timeline was disabled
The iMovie replace improved stability and glued an export bug. Yesterday, Apple additionally launched an replace for Xcode that fastened an issue that would “trigger Xcode to crash whereas viewing documentation.”